bienvenidos a Casa Audet
Many years of dreaming and planning have led us to our happy place. We were married on the island with some of you by our side. Today we invite you back to paradise, to discover and explore our beautiful island. If this is your first time, then prepare to fall in love with our scenery, people, and food.
Yo soy Boricua, pa’que tu lo sepas!
how do I rent Casa Audet?
The house is available most days of the year with a minimum stay of 4 nights. Please contact G & I for availability. There are discounts for 7 days and 14 day rentals.
Base rate $315 -$365 per night. Depending on the season.
Friends and family discounts are available.
Want to stay longer? Call 617-875-5061 or email us:
what’s inside Casa Audet?
- 4 bedrooms (1) King sized and (3) Queen sized all with AC. All bedrooms in the house have ceiling fans.
- 4.5 bathrooms. All showers no tubs (one of them is outside by the pool).
- In-ground infinity edged saltwater pool.
- Modern open floor plan with living & dining areas.
- Large modern kitchen includes a gas stove, dishwasher, and microwave. We also have filtered water, toaster, coffee maker, ice maker, and a blender for Pina Coladas and smoothies.
- Panoramic Roof Terrace.
- Washer & Dryer, we provide detergents.
- Beach towels, beach chairs, beach umbrellas, and a rolling cooler.
- Wi-Fi throughout house – 86.5% chance it will work 100% of the time. We are on an island, what do you expect?
- No cable TV or local news, but feel free to use your own accounts on our SmartTV’s. TV’s located in Living Room and Master Bedroom.
- Controlled access & security cameras.
- Carport parking for 2 cars and off street parking for 2 additional cars. Additional spaces available directly in front of house.
- Generator, Cistern, and solar water heater – because, you know, shit happens.
Casa Audet is a stand alone residence. Our guests will have full access to the villa and pool.
We know you are flying in from somewhere around the world arriving tired and jet-lagged. Let us help you get settled that first day. In the villa you will find cleansers for your hair, body, dishes, and clothes. Fluffy white towels and crisp white sheets. Paper goods for the hands, nose, and your butts. We will augment your food stash with some breakfast goodies including eggs, butter, bread, cream, sweeteners, teas, and Puertorican Coffee. Buen Provecho!
Feeling inspired by the beautiful ocean view and want to Chef-it-Up? Then EVOO, Salt, Pepper, and Adobo will greet you in the kitchen pantry. Just want to chill by the pool? Grab an ice cold Medalla Light or Gasolina and toast to your first day/night on La Isla del Encanto. We will be the first to say Bienvenidos!
where is Casa Audet?
We are located in Rio Grande just 30 minutes from San Juan International Airport (SJU). The villa is located hillside overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
For the first timers, you will be tempted to take that steeply discounted flight that lets you arrive at San Juan International Airport between 10pm – 5am.
DON’T DO IT!
First- you will have a difficult time renting a car. The island is a popular destination year round. Second – you will be arriving to a new country, tired, hungry, and hot. It will be dark, you will be driving a new car, on unfamiliar roads.
Be sure to arrive on the island sometime between 6am – 9pm. You will be rewarded with a wonderful sunrise or sunset, easy driving, and quick service at the rental car agency.
No Passport needed. Your Real ID will suffice. You will also need that ID to rent a car.
Renting a car is the best way to reach us and visit the island. If you have previously driven in Boston or New York you will be fine. You don’t need a 4×4 but a compact SUV would be nice so you can pack the car with coolers, beach chairs, and snacks. If the cost is prohibitive and there is only 2 of you then a compact car will suffice. Insider Tip: Be sure to reserve your car well in advance and make sure you pay for the PR version of EZ-pass.
Like any place in the world be sure to lock the car doors and keep all valuables out of sight or in the trunk. Leave all the fancy jewelry at home and be aware of your surroundings. You will have a great time.
The average temp in Puerto Rico is 80° so bring your flip flops & shorts. The summer months of June – September are very hot. Ladies if you venture into San Juan in the evening please keep in mind puertoricans are fashionable and we like to dress up. So wear those cute chunky heels and sexy dresses. Men – nice jeans, polos, or cotton short sleeve button down shirts will be fine. Skip the baseball cap at night.
Yes, you are still in the USA. The US Dollar is the currency.
Your hair dryer & straighter will work.
what does Casa Audet look like?
Below are the current images of Casa Audet. The home was built in 2016. It is Cat 5 hurricane proof and able to run off grid for several days via solar water heater, cistern, & generator. The views are stunning from all three levels of the house.
stuff to see and do
Below is a list of things to keep you busy during your stay. If you need more inspiration? Visit https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/
- El Yunque National Forest. Hiking, waterfalls, and swimming in clear river waters. Entrance is a 5 min drive.
- Locals beach 6 min drive. Primitive beach no facilities. Limited parking. You might see turtles wading in the water and will have great snorkeling. Follow the road until it bends sharply. Turn right into a short sandy road that ends on the beach.
- Hacienda Carabaldi – ATV’s, horseback riding, and zip lines. 10 min drive.
- Day trips to Icacos, Culebra, or Kayaking – Caribbean Breeze Adventures. Tell them we sent you. You will receive 10% off all your adventures booked with them and a round of drinks at Richie’s Cafe located a 3 minutes drive up the hill from Casa Audet. The view is fantastic up there.
- 36 hole Championship golf course and Casino across the street inside the world class Rio Mar Wyndham Resort. Inside the resort you will also find several restaurants and bars.
- Famous Luquillo Kiosks to eat full meals, snacks, shops for souvenirs, or use the free local beach behind the kiosks. This place is very cost effective and as local as it gets!
- Like the food here but want to see more of the area try one of the Chinchorreo Routes in Puerto Rico. The routes can be followed using your rental car or you can plan an excursion. Bring cash and have a designated driver!
- Balneario La Monserrate one of the best beaches on the island – 10 min drive. There is a $6 per car fee to be paid in cash. Facilities are available, some are closed during the weekday. Weekends in summer gets crowed.
- Luquillo Surfers Beach – La Pared 15 min drive. There are several dive bars in this area. Boardriders has some good Poke, Mojitos, and happy hour.
- Kayak your way through the Bioluminescent Bay in Fajardo. 30 min drive.
- Culebra & Vieques Ferries 40 min drive. The new ferry terminal and ferries make Vieques an easy day trip. You can even book your ticket on line. There is a passenger ferry and a car ferry. For the car ferry advance reservations are needed. You can always just rent a JEEP or golf cart for the day directly on the Island. https://porferry.com/
- Many local bakeries, restaurants, and bars. G & I love Lluvia for breakfast. For a local juice smoothie try degree 18 juice bar.
- Typical shopping plazas including Walgreens, Walmart, TJMaxx .
- Movie Theaters – Movies are in English. 20 min drive.
- Fast Food places including PizzaHut, Church’s Chicken, McDonalds, and Taco Bell.
rules of the Casa
We all hate rules… the ones below are important.
- Electricity in Puerto Rico is almost 2.5 times the cost of Mainland in U.S.A. To reduce your carbon footprint and avoid high electricity consumption it is required that A/C units, lights, and fans be switched off when not using the bedrooms, not in the property or gone for long periods of absence in the property. The electric meter will be read at the beginning and the end of the reservation. The owner commits to cover up to $15.00 per day in electric charges. Any electric consumption in the excess of the previously mentioned amount will be charged to the Lessee at a cost of $0.38 per kilowatt/hour. If by any reason the A/C or lights are left powered-on at departure or in a regular inspection during your stay, this will incur a $100.00 penalty fee.
- No smoking or vaping in the house.
- No shoes in the house. The sand gets everywhere. There is a foot wash station directly on the carport.
- Please rinse off sand before jumping in the pool. There are showers next to the pool.
- No glass or bottles in or around the pool area. Feel free to take that glass up to the panoramic roof terrace. Plastic cups will be available.
- You must wash and dry all beach towels and bath towels used before you depart. This may be difficult to complete, just try your best.
- No loud music after 9pm. No parties allowed. No exceptions.
- Pool maintenance occurs every Saturday sometime between 8am – 10am. This is minor and it should not interrupt your fun.
- Lawn maintenance occurs once per week in the am. You might hear some noise. This has to be done. This is minor and it should not interrupt your fun.